Life Church Membership
At Life Church, we take membership seriously and hope you will as well. It is certainly expected that each member will have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have followed Him in believer’s baptism.
What is Membership?
According to the Bible, church membership is a commitment every Christian should make to attend, love, serve, and submit to a local church.
Where is it in the Bible?
- Throughout Old Testament history, God made a clear distinction between his people and the world (see Lev. 13:46, Num. 5:3, Deut. 7:3).
- Christ says that entering the kingdom of God means being bound to the church “on earth” (Matt. 16:16-19; 18:17-19). Where do we see the church on earth? The local church.
- The New Testament explicitly refers to some people being inside the church and some people being outside (1 Cor. 5:12-13). This is much more than a casual association.
- The church in Corinth consisted of a definite number of believers, such that Paul could speak of a punishment inflicted by the majority (2 Cor. 2:6).
- Not only does the New Testament speak of the reality of church membership, but its’ dozens of “one another’s” are written to local churches, which fill out our understanding of what church membership should practically look like.
Why is it important?
Biblical church membership is important because the church presents God’s witness to himself in the world. It displays his glory. In the church’s membership, then, non-Christians should see in the lives of God’s changed people that God is holy and gracious and that his gospel is powerful for saving and transforming sinners.
How do you become a member at Life Church?
Life Church membership takes place in a 3 session small group setting that systematically takes people from introduction to integration into Life Church. Potential members are expected to attend all 3 sessions.
Session One (Relational)
Getting to Know You
Sharing Our Stories
Session Two (Structural)
What is the Church?
What We Believe
How We’re Led
How We Fellowship
What You Can Expect from Us
What We Expect from You
Session Three (Applicational)
How We Serve
Where You Fit
Click HERE if you are interested in pursuing membership at Life Church. We look forward to engaging with you!